Eid Al-Fitr 2019!

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Eid Mubarak everyone!
We celebrated yesterday - Midweek v June. I hope you lot had a bully fourth dimension too. Also, I cannot believe that my final recipe blog postal service was inward April. My excuse for non posting for virtually ii months? H5N1 combination of beingness busy amongst Ramadan, work, life inward general, too only feeling unmotivated to practise too postal service novel recipes. Sharing recipes is something that I dearly love doing too I never desire to experience similar I'm forcing myself to practise it. Hopefully, I volition live dorsum amongst novel recipes soon. Meanwhile, follow me on Instagram if you lot don't already. I portion quite a flake of my day-to-day cooking over there.

Here is my Eid al-Fitr 2019, shot exclusively on my vociferation because I couldn't live bothered dragging out the camera:

On Monday, nosotros sat too planned the Eid menu. It felt similar nosotros had eaten everything inward Ramadan too then our inspiration was zero. In the end, this is what nosotros came upward with.

We did equally much equally possible the 24-hour interval earlier Eid. Starting amongst the desserts - these are Mini Orange Raspberry Trifles. I laid orangish jelly amongst fresh raspberries in these difficult plastic mini shot glasses.

Once the jelly had laid inward the fridge, I squeezed inward custard from a carton.

Once the custard had chilled for a bit, I piped over sweetness whipped cream which I made my whisking together double cream, icing saccharide too vanilla essence until strong peaks formed.

To popular off along the raspberry subject going, I squeezed over raspberry syrup. Next time, I would set the sauce on only earlier serving.

And because no trifle is acceptable inward our family without sprinkles, on went rainbow sprinkles.

Into the refrigerator to chill overnight.

Next, I laid a batch of lemon possets with a shortbread biscuit base. The base of operations is only crushed shortbread biscuits pressed into the bottom of the cups.

I popped a raspberry onto each i too chilled inward the refrigerator overnight. Full recipe is here!

Finally, I made a no-bake version of my mini Nutella Oreo cheesecakes. I used the same recipe but left out the eggs too added extra cream to the cheesecake mixture.


Once the cheesecake had set, I spooned over Nutella glaze on top.

When the glaze had set, I piped over whipped cream too sprinkled the cheesecakes amongst chocolate. Desserts done!

Eid morn is non Eid morn without the odor of onions browning for rice.

My Mum was cooking her version of Kabsa rice too this was the chicken earlier the rice went in. How adept does it look?

Time for Eid lunch! We ate some 3pm.

My 2-year-old niece was kickoff at the tabular array too demanded the remainder of us to halt taking pictures too serve her some food.

To start, tandoori chicken vegetable bound rolls and chicken seekh kebabs which were catered.

Here is the Chicken Kabsa garnished amongst fried cashews, raisins too fresh coriander. Everyone loved the rice especially my niece.

These are Chikar Cholay - a chickpea too carmine lentil curry. I was a flake sceptical earlier I cooked the curry but it ended upward beingness a roaring success. I used this recipe.

Gotta conduct keep some lamb! This is my Mum's Lamb Chop Potato Curry. H5N1 similar recipe is here.

Time to eat! Alhamdulillah, everything was delicious. I'm too then glad nosotros chose the carte that nosotros did.
Unpictured was lamb keema inward almon sauce, soft naan that nosotros ended upward making afterward inward the day, saffron rasmalai using a box mix too Mum's creamy seviyan.

I'm also too then glad that I made these mini versions of my favourite desserts. I uncovering that everyone is unremarkably too then total after the primary repast that they don't desire a huge dessert to follow. These mini ones were perfect - sweetness but non also much.

Raspberry Orange Trifles

Lemon Posset

Nutella Oreo Cheesecakes

I hope you lot had the sweetest Eid. Thank you lot too then much for all your support. I hope to live dorsum amongst novel recipes soon, Insha Allah.

Eid Al-Fitr, previously: 2018 // 2017 // 2016 // 2015 // 2014

Keep me inward your duas, please.

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Dan Dan Noodles Alongside Chilli Oil.